17 November 2010

Family and Friends and Books and Scripts, oh, my!

So, I am working my tail off lately.  Between working with my Grandmother on her autobiography, writing a pilot (which I have NO experience with LOL) and looking for a new apartment, and running my home based business, I feel like there is just no time for myself.  But being busy is good, isn't it?  I certainly prefer it to the alternative.  During all this, I somehow am managing to maintain some semblance of a normal life, and have finally started catching up with some friends and local family members, all of whom have been neglected lately with the relationship having taken up most of my free time.

This week, the new Harry Potter film comes out, and I am going to take my godsons to see it in Yonkers.  I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with them doing something that is "just us boys."  I miss Andy and Leo so much, and need to ensure I spend more time being an active part of their lives.  I feel like a part of me is missing when I am away from them for any length of time.  They are two very special and very loved young men.  I am so proud that my dear friend Jackie chose to have me be such an active part of their lives.

In the many years since I moved to the Northeast, I have been many things.  Not the least of which is blessed with an adopted family.  It is what I call my "NYC Family."   While there are only a select few of these people who know where I came from, my NYC Family knows where I am going, and is there for me 100% of the way.  Who could ask for more?  Not I.

No comments:

Post a Comment